- 8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Spinalonga & Agios Nikolaos is a trip not only to other places, but also a trip back in time, since it carries the sensation and the feel of another era.
The route along the northern coast of the island takes us to the small fishing village of Elounda
- Professional and Multilingual speaking guide.
- Transfers with air-conditioned luxurious buses.
- Free pick up is offered within Agia Pelagia area to Malia area
- Tips and Individual expenses
- Drinks during the meals
Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up is offered within Agia Pelagia area to Malia area
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Returns to original departure point
Spinalonga, the island of Lepers
From Elounda, we take the boat that gets us to the small and sorely tried island of Spinalonga.
The history and the culture of the island of Spinalonga became one with human tragedy in the course of time.
This small Spinalonga isle carries within the history of:
• Ancient Greece as it served as a natural guard for the ancient city of Olous
• The Saracens as a hide-out for their pirates
• The Venetians as their fortress
• Turks as their settlement
• Contemporary Greeks as their dwelling, or better, as the place where their leper would be sent into exile until 1957.
We stroll through the village roads. We are listening – along with our guide’s narration- to the cries and sighs of the diseased exiles. They seem like having been curved on the rocks and the walls of the houses and admiring the exquisite beauty of the area.
Finishing our touring on this much afflicted place, we head for the small bay of Kolokitha. It’s one of the most beautiful beaches on Crete. It is a remote beach with white sand and deep blue serene water, side by side with old olive groves. There we can swim and taste the delicious BBQ served on the boat.
After our short respite, we go back to Elounda.
Then we move to the picturesque town of Agios Nikolaos, where we have our last stop. We have the chance to enjoy our coffee getting a perfect view of the magnificent lake, do our shopping in the traditional local shops and relax for a while before we hit the road for our going back.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.