- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Tour at Knossos, winery at Peza, pottery village "Thrapsano", Hersonissos
- Transfers with air-conditioned luxurious buses.
- Free pick up service from Agia Pelagia area till Mallia area.
- Tips and Individual expenses.
- There are not included tickets, entrance rates & tour guide
PICK UP FROM YOUR HOTEL
Tour at Knossos, winery at Peza, pottery village "Thrapsano", Hersonissos.
• KNOSSOS (is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and is considered Europe's oldest city)
Knossos (also Cnossos, both pronounced /(kə)ˈnɒsɒs, -səs/; Greek: Κνωσός, Knōsós [knoˈsos]) is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and has been called Europe's oldest city.
Settled as early as the Neolithic period, the name Knossos survives from ancient Greek references to the major city of Crete. The palace of Knossos eventually became the ceremonial and political centre of the Minoan civilization and culture. The palace was abandoned at some unknown time at the end of the Late Bronze Age, c. 1380–1100 BC. The reason why is unknown, but one of the many disasters that befell the palace is generally put forward.
In the first palace period around 2000 BC the urban area reached a size of up to 18,000 people.In its peak the palace and surrounding city boasted a population of 100,000 people shortly after 1700 BC.
• WINERY (IN PEZA “Milliarakis” )
• POTERY VILLAGE “THRAPSANO” (Thrapsano is identified with pottery and particularly with the manufacture of “pitharia”, as its residents are considered descendants of the Minoan potters)
• HERSONISSOS (The seaside resort of Hersonissos is officially the Port of Hersonissos in distinction to the village of Upper Hersonissos further inland)
andy, peaceful beaches and ancient ruins beckon travelers to Chersonisos, a one-time Roman port on the island of Crete. This is a family-friendly place, with plenty of activities for kids. The Lychnostatis Open Air Museum gives you the chance to explore the trades and lifestyles of early islanders. Exhibits include a herbarium, olive oil and wine presses and workshops on ceramics, shoe making and weaving. The aquarium showcases local sea creatures, as do the town's many traditional cafes, though in a completely different (and more delicious) manner.
All the tours are flexible on your needs.
*There are not included tickets, entrance rates & tour guide
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.