- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Visiting White Mountains with best panoramic view of Chania
Semi private safari tour up to 6 or 8 persons per vehicle
A visit to an original shepherd’s hut “Mitato” at 1350m
Coffee or tea or juice in a traditional coffee shop
Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Liability Insurance
- Entry/Admission - White Mountains (Lefka Ori)
Traveler pickup is offered
Chania Old Harbor Hotels are picked up either for Starbucks Coffee shop or Talos Square at 8:15
Souda Bay Port, Chania Old Harbor
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: White Mountains (Lefka Ori), Sfakia, Crete Greece
Combine a unique safari tour in the White Mountains of Crete with panoramic views, traditional Cretan villages, learn the history and the traditions of the Island, and find out all about the lifestyle of a Cretan shepherd while exploring an original shepherd’s hut. Enjoy the unique view of Chania from an altitude of 1350m and discover the wildlife of Crete with the help of our premium offroad vehicles, driven by specialized multilingual escorts English.
Our amazing off-road adventure begins by crossing a valley full of orange trees, avocados and vegetables gardens. Climbing up the foothills of White Mountains and passing through Cretan villages of Nteres, Vatolakos, Alikianos, Fournes, Meskla, Zourva, Therisso, we are getting a taste of mountainous Crete and we make our coffee stop at Nteres to enjoy our morning break. Coffee or mountain tea will be offered for free to our guests enjoying the village life far away from mass tourism. Continuing our tour following the off road route up to the shepherd’s hut called “Mitato” far away from tourist areas, where only a four wheel driver can approach, we will enjoy the magnificent panoramic view of northern Crete and, if we are lucky ... eagles and wild goats will show up and give us a very good reason for some extra photo stops.
A small rocky road will lead us up to our trip’s highest point of1350 meters altitude in the heart of the White Mountains of Crete, where you will find out all about the lifestyle of a shepherd. We will learn where the famous Cretan “Graviera” cheese was produced and explore an original Shepherd's hut called "Mitato".
On our way back we will enjoy the best panoramic view of Chania from above, until we arrive at Therisso village where we will visit a small traditional family Cretan tavern. There, we will be welcomed by the owner and he will introduce us to the Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality.
After our lunch break we will follow the road through the amazing gorge of Therisso that will lead us to the city of Chania.
Duration: 3 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers taller than 1,95cm and heavier than 120Kg
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.