- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
At a height of 5,200 feet above sea level, Munnar is a hill-station in the South Indian state of Kerala. It was a favored summer resort for the British. This beautiful town is best known for its tea plantations that can be seen for miles around on the gentle slopes of the Western Ghats range of mountains. On this trekking tour discover the scenic beauty of Munnar as you walk past plantations and climb up gentle slopes.
• Plantations of tea, coffee and spices
• View of Anamudi peak and Idukki Dam
• Native bird species
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Refreshments (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food & drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Munnar.
Same as departure location.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Munnar in the morning and driven to the starting point of the trek at the base of Lakshmi Hills.
The trek will start at a height of 4,650 feet above sea level. Walk through the lush green tea plantations till you reach the first summit of the trek. Take in the scenic beauty of the slopes covered with large tea estates interspersed with woods. On clear days you can also see Anamudi, the highest peak of Kerala that is situated at a height of 8,842 feet. The water reservoir of the Idukki Dam, the third tallest dam in India is also visible from a distance.
Stop and take some rest and refreshments (beverage excluded) before you continue your climb. The next part of the climb will be through a Nature Zone where you can see plantations of coffee and spices like nutmeg, cardamom and black pepper. All throughout the trek you will come across delightful species of birds that are native to this region. Occasionally you will be enveloped by the mountain mist and low hanging clouds.
The 5 mile trek will end at the summit of the mountain that is 6,400 feet above sea level. You can end the trek at an early stage too, if you so wish.
At the end of the trek, you will be driven back to Munnar and dropped off at your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.