- 7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Vaikom lies on the western side of the Kottayam district of Kerala. It is a quaint village just an hour’s drive from the city, and offers you a traditional welcome and a chance to witness the unhurried lifestyle of the villagers. See their simple homes and small workshops. On a walk through the village, you will stop briefly at the Khadi Weaving Centre to see villagers produce hand-spun and hand-woven cloth out of cotton, silk or wool yarns. In the village center, you will also see how the local people earn their livelihoods. Ladies weave coir ropes from dried coconut husks, and you’ll see straw mats being woven out of wild pineapple leaves. Watch the local potter create a range of pots and vases, depicting ethnic designs in clay. You will be invited inside a local house for a chance to interact with the family members before you return to the Port.
- Pick up & drop off from Cochin port
- Cochin to Vaikom Village Tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle for sightseeing
- Local lunch in Vaikom Village
- All Fees & taxes
- Entry/Admission - Vaikom Mahadeva Temple
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time 08:00 am at Cochin port
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vaikom Mahadeva Temple, Chottanikkara Village Nr. Ernakulam, Kottayam India
Vaikom lies on the western side of the Kottayam district of Kerala. It is a quaint village just an hour’s drive from the city, and offers you a traditional welcome and a chance to witness the unhurried lifestyle of the villagers.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.