- 5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Kerala is famous for its elaborate dance forms like Kathakali. On this tour, watch a Theyyam performance that showcases the elaborate costumes of the performers, who bring to life legends and stories of divine beings and heavenly spirits. The larger than life image of the performers is treated with great respect by the audience. This tour gives you a glimpse into this traditional religious ritual of Kerala.
● Theyyam ritual
● Elaborate costumes of the performers
● Interaction with locals
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Theyyam
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Traveler pickup is offered
From your Hotel in Kannur
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Theyyam, Kannur India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Kannur and driven to a village temple or a Hindu home where Theyyam is performed. The timing of the ritual is based on the lunar Hindu calendar and keeps changing each month.
On reaching the site of the ritual, you may take pictures of the performer and his elaborate costume. If you are lucky you might get to see a fire Theyyam, which is performed from time to time, again based on the lunar calendar.
The entire ritual can last for several hours. The elaborate costumes and the heavy make-up of the performers add to the mystical aura of the ritual.
At the end of the performance, you will be driven back to Kannur and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within a week of booking.
- Theyyam is a religious ritual performance and, therefore, it is important for visitors to dress and behave properly. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the temple or the host home.
- Consider wearing comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour does not operate from June to October.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.