- 8 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this tour of the Korean Demilitarized Zone from Seoul, feel the reality of Korea’s turbulent history as you explore the line that divides North Korea and South Korea. Travel by comfortable coach and learn fascinating history from your expert guide about the role this zone played in the Cold War and the Korean War, and how it now stands as a symbol of both division and unification. Sites you’ll visit include Imjingak Park, the Freedom Bridge, the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel and the DMZ exhibition hall.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Expert guide
- Hotel pickup
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Entry/Admission - Imjingak Pyeonghoa-Nuri Park
- Entry/Admission - The Third Tunnel
- Entry/Admission - Dora Observatory
- Hotel drop-off
Hongik Univ. Station, Donggyo-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
If you cannot find your hotel information, please let us know.
The tour operator will arrange the meeting place for you
Last departure place will be as below
DMZ Half Day : AM 08:20 at Hongik Univ. Subway Station
DMZ Half Day with lunch : AM 08:20 at Hongik Univ. Subway Station
DMZ full day : AM 08:20 at Hongik Univ. Subway Station
Afternoon: AM 11:30 at Hongik Univ. Subway Station
City Hall Station, Jeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Full-day tour - DailyHalf-day tours - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Imjingak Pyeonghoa-Nuri Park, 481-1 Samok-ri, Munsan-eup, Paju, Gyeonggi-do South Korea
Stop first in Imjingak, a park located in the banks of Imjin River where you’ll see artillery and war artifacts that were used during the Korean conflict. Proceed to Freedom Bridge, crossed by nearly 13,000 Korean POWs on their return back to freedom. As you explore by foot, learn from your guide about the powerful significance of this bridge.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Third Tunnel, Nosang-ri, Jangdan-myeon, Paju, Gyeonggi-do 10800 South Korea
Re-board the coach and head to the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, located beneath the border of North Korea and South Korea. Here, learn about the role of these tunnels, which are believed to have been planned as a military invasion route by North Korea. See where the South Koreans have blocked the actual Military Demarcation Line with concrete barricades.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dora Observatory, Jeomwon-ri, Gunnae-myeon, Paju, Gyeonggi-do 413-920 South Korea
You’ll then be taken to the Dora Observatory, where you can use binoculars to scope out North Korea. Listen to your guide explain the lifestyle across the river as you observe the village of Kijongdong.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Dorasan Station, 307, Huimang-ro, Jangdan-myeon, Paju, Gyeonggi-do 10800 South Korea
Next, head to Dorasan Station, a historic and symbolic spot that marks both the division and a gateway of exchanges between the north and the south.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Insadong, Insa-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul South Korea
If you choose the full-day tour, you’ll enjoy lunch and then head to Insadong Antique Market, which was once the largest market for antiques and artworks in Korea. Browse the various shops, peruse crafts and bargain for that perfect souvenir with the help of your guide. Your tour will end here.
Duration: 40 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required the day of travel.
- A moderate amount of walking through a steep and narrow tunnel involved - Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Participants must be physically fit to walk about 1300 feet (400 meters) at an 11 degree gradient
- You do not need to send a copy of your passport
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.