- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the Lantén culture and traditionsto see and participate in Lantén traditional weaving, learning how to make paper from bamboo (Jan-Mar), organic dyeing(Nov-Mar), trek over narrow path through the village preserved area, enjoy local picnic lunch, visit Lanten traditional house, cellent panorama of the Luang Namtha scenic valley and the Nam Dee waterfall.
- Bottled water
- Landing and facility fees
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transportation
Luang Namtha, Laos
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you you from all Hotels or Guesthouses in Luang Namtha so please advise us the name of Hotel.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Luang Namtha, Luang Namtha, Luang Namtha Province
Start at 9:00 at the office by Tuk Tukto Nam Dee Village, where you will collect your local guide from there and begin your trek. The trek leads up the mountain and deep into the village preserved area. You will be able to see old and thick forest, many kind of bamboos, wild rattans, cardamoms and other NTFP (Non-Timber Forest Products) and will hear and see some special birds for sure.
During the trek your guide will share his experience about traditional medicine, animal tracks, edible leaves, and other things of interest. After 1.5 hours you will stop to have a traditional Lantén lunch along the walking path in the forest. After lunch, you will continue to the top of the mountain where you will gaze at a pristine forest and snap up excellent panorama of the Luang Namtha valley.
You walk down from mountain straight to the Nam Dee waterfall, visit Lanten traditional house, Nam Dee village to see and participate in activities with natives, such as: Lantén traditional weaving (daily), paper making of bamboo (Jan-Mar), and organic dyeing of cloth (Nov-mar), then finally back to Luang Namtha by Tuk Tuk(a motored rickshaw).
The season of activities:
- January-March: Planting vegetables and sowing corn, etc.
- April-May: Learning how to grow rice on the green mountain-slopes etc…
- June-August: Learning how to prepare the paddy fields for the wet rice and how to plant the seedlings.
- September: Planting vegetable in the garden or on the mountain…
- October-November: Watching or participate in harvest as: rice, corn etc… crops in the mountains.
- December-January: Partake part in house building and festivals or in gathering food.
- Hiking approx. 1-2 hours
- Lanten Tribe.
- Lanten Traditonal House.
- Village Preserved Area.
- Nam Dee Waterfall.
- All activities
- English speaking and local guide
- Lunch and drinking water.
- transfers as well as
Duration: 7 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.