- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
– Home Cooking Experience Tour is a half-day township cookery tour that is presented by a local family,this will be a interactive home cooking Experience,the family welcomes visitors from all parts of the world at Nathalia’s Family Lifestyle Home Kitchen. You will get a chance to learn about Different cultures in Namibia and their food.
During your stay at Nathalias Home, you will prepare traditional meals together, sit down and eat as one big family. You will enjoy our hospitality and have lively discussions at the table.
You will learn how to cook typical native dishes, from mopane worms(katarpilas)traditional spinach, chicken, mash beans and the mahangu porridge. There is no set menu, our heartily home-cooked meals will change depending on the seasonal availability of its ingredients.
We want to create unforgettable moments for you in Nathalia’s Family Lifestyle Home Kitchen.
- Private transportation
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your accommodation in and around Swakopmund
Nathalia’s Family Lifestyle Home Kitchen A lifetime cooking experience in Mondesa Township About Us I am Nathalia and welcome you into my home with joy and happiness. I have a family of 5, with 3 girls (aged 8, 14 and 32 years), and 2 boys (aged 21 and 29). I have been staying at this house for nearly 38 years since my mother, at age 84, decided to move to the village where she was born. Together with my family, we welcome you into our family home here in the Township of Mondesa, Swakopmund, Namibia. My family and I are enthusiastic to welcome visitors from all parts of the world at Nathalia’s Family Lifestyle Home Kitchen to share our cultural heritage. You will be introduced to my family and learn about our culture and the local community of the Mondesa Township. During your stay with us, we will prepare traditional meals together, sit down and eat as one big family. You will enjoy our hospitality and have lively discussions at the table. You will learn how to cook typical native dishes, there is no set menu and our heartily home-cooked meals will change depending on the seasonal availability of its ingredients.
• Swakopmund Museum, Strand Street, Swakopmund Namibia
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.