- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This is a tour for clients interested in the geology of the Namib Desert. Clients will experience the impressive scenery of the Rossing Mountain and its Dolerite outcrops from close quarters. We stop at a former Aragonite-mine where green marble had been mined and study some calcium druses. Afterwards we visit a former rose quartz mine as well as a rock outcrop where aragonite, manganese rock and red jasper can be seen. Plant growth on the mountain like the Common Candle bush, Euphorbia virosa and a variety of Lichen are also of great interest.
- Bottled water - Clients have a choice between mineral water, Coca Cola and Fruit Juices.
- Entry/Admission - Namib Desert
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your place of accommodation in Swakopmund.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Namib Desert, Namibia
We visit the area around the Rossing Mountain and inspect various minerals and mines of interest.The tour guide will explain the geological aspects of the environment.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.