- 1 day (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Mt Moroto Nature Walk
The tour departs in the early morning for a scenic and cultural and walk through the valley of Mt Moroto, the highest mountain of Karamoja. The mountain is inhabited by one of Uganda’s smallest tribe, the Tepeth. They are the indigenous inhabitants of the Karamoja planes that escaped into the mountains when the Karimojong settled on their lands.
Participate in daily life in the Manyatta (village)
Immerse yourself in Karamojong culture. The afternoon is spent participating traditional games, daily activities as preparing staple foods, harvesting, beading, learning, dance, how to shoot bow and arrow and traditional friendly wrestling.
A Night with the Warriors (herders)
Experience typical Karimojong pastoral life by sleeping a night with the animals and shepherds in the Kraal. Help bringing the cows to the kraal, share stories around the campfire, play games with the warriors and learn how all about nomadic life.
- Camping gear
- Dinner - Prepared in the company restaurant and served In the evening at the cattle camp
- Breakfast - Breakfast buffet available the next day on return from the camp at the Karamoja Safari Camp.
- Community Contribution
- Tour guides
- Private transportation
- Tips and Personal Expenditures
- Alcoholic Beverages - Ordered before departure and payable in cash.
Kara-Tunga, Karamoja Safari Camp, Independence Avenue, Moroto, Uganda
Returns to original departure point
During one day and one night you will learn much about traditional life of the Karimojong from the planes to the Tepeth-tribe of the Mt Moroto mountain.
• Mountain Moroto, Moroto Uganda
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.