- 1 day (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Combine your Kidepo Valley Safari with an expedition to Uganda’s most remote living community called the ‘Ik’.
- Community facilitation
- Local guide
- Transport (the hike starts on foot from the departure location). In rain-season (May-December) the drive is long and the hike is shorter due to long grass. In dry-season (January - April) the drive is shorter and the hike longer.
- Accommodation the night before or after departure (optional add on)
- Packed lunch (advised to be organised by the lodge you're staying before departure)
Kidepo Valley National Park, Kaabong, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offered
The local guide is able to pick you up from your accommodation in Kaabong town, Karenga town or Kidepo Valley National Park at 6AM. Important: the tour excludes transportation and a seat is obligatory for the guide and luggage space for the community contribution.
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the consecutive days selected.
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
Returns to original departure point
Hike Mount Morungole and visit the Ik tribe of Northern Uganda
Mount Morungole (also known as Ikland) is located in the absolute northern hills of Karamoja. Here lives the smallest tribe of Uganda called the Ik. The Ik have always lived in nowadays Kidepo Valley National Park but have been displaced 50 years ago whereby the now live on the mountain ridges.
Visiting the IK gives you a rare insight into a unique tribe in Africa. You will find stunningly beautiful Scenery the higher your climb takes you, simply breathtaking scenes in the valleys below you and into the Eastern Rift Valley of Kenya and over to Southern Sudan.
Day 1, 7AM: Departure to starting point of the hike
Day 1, 5PM: Return at the gate of Kidepo Valley NP
• Kidepo Valley National Park, Kitgum Uganda
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.