- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
You certainly can’t climb Kilimanjaro in a day, but our day tour to this iconic, snow-capped mountain will give you an excellent taster of why Africa’s highest peak is so popular. During the course of the day, we will follow the popular Marangu Route and walk as far as the first hut – the Mandara – where our picnic lunch will be taken. As other trekkers continue upwards, bound for the summit, we will make the descent again and return to Arusha.
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all clients at their booked hotels
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 00255 Tanzania
Your day tour begins with your hotel pickup at 07 am Drive 3 hours to the Marangu Gate, where you will register at the gate with the Kilimanjaro National Park authorities, and begin hiking at around 10 am The Marangu Route, which we follow today, approaches Kilimanjaro from the southeast. We will be attempting to reach the Mandara Hut and will only trek through the lower altitudes, taking our picnic lunch on the way to the Mandara Hut. Once we reach the hut at 2pm we will stop for a rest for 30 mins and then descend slowly back to Marangu Gate for 2.5 hours. Rupia Adventure's vehicle will be waiting to pick you up and return you to your hotel in Arusha, arriving at 4 pm
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.