- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Come to this beautiful via ferrata in the Rila Mountains for a day of active exploring!
If you have never been on a via ferrata and are interested in doing it in Bulgaria, then this is the trip for you! Join for this day-trip in the Rila Mountains, the highest mountains in the Balkan peninsula!
- Professional UIMLA certified mountain guide
- Via Ferrata set (Helmet, harness, shock absorber)
- Private transportation
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pick up
- Wi-Fi available
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in Sofia from your accommodation
You will be picked up at 8 AM from your Sofia accommodation and after a 1.5 hour transfer we will arrive at Maliovitsa hut trail head.This trip begins with a hike from the base of the Maliovitsa valley (1700m) all the way up to the Malyovitsa hut (1960m), where, upon arrival, we can start the via ferrata route. Using a combination of thick steel cables, metal bars, steps, ladders and bridges, this ferrata will take us all the way up to see the panoramic views of the valleys of Maliovitsa and the neighboring Urdina and get some spectacular views of the peaks of Maljovitsa (2729m) valley. Our descent from the peak takes us back to Malyovitsa hut by a trekking path back to starting point. Transfer back to Sofia.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Itinerary may be subject to change due to weather condition
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.