- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The Rila Mountains are the highest on The Balkan Peninsula with Mount Musala – 2925 m a.s.l. Rila (an old Slavic word, meaning “Water Mountain”) looks like a rough sea of mountain ridges and peaks, deep gorges and 150 crystal clear lakes. A big part of the National Park is under the protection of UNESCO.
- Professional UIMLA certified mountain guide
- Private transportation
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pick up
- Wi-Fi available
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gondola lift ticket
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in Sofia from your accommodation
You will be picked up at 8 AM from your Sofia accommodation and after a 1.5 hour transfer we will arrive at Borovets (1350 m a.s.l.). There we take the gondola lift to Yastrebets where we start hiking. From 2.5 to 3 hrs we will hike to the top. The view from the top is absolutely breath-taking – views of Rila, Pirin, Vitosha, Sredna Gora and Rodopi Mountains and the Balkan Range. We take a little rest at the top before going back to Yastrebets and further down with the gondola-lift to Borovets. Transfer back to Sofia.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.