- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Capital of Georgia counts 1500 years. Georgians like to count not years but centuries, looking around, everything breathes with history, but before Tbilisi was Mtskheta, former capital of Kartli Kingdom which is even older.
Name of the city comes from Georgian word_თბილი("Tbili"-warm), there is nice legend about warm sulfur waters and how King Vakhtang Gorgasali from 5th century by accident discovered this miracle of nature when he gone for hunting, how his servants found falcon and pheasant in a boiling, hot spring. King excited by nature of this place decided to move capital from Mtskheta. But it's just nice legend.
Here, within the bath district area you will find Muslim Mosque, Armenian church, Jewish Synagogue and Georgian churches all together. While after a time multifaceted ethnic image was changed, still can say that Old Tbilisi preserves the spirit of those times.
- Tbilisi, Georgia
- Tbilisi, Georgia
Tbilisi Tour includes all major places to visit in Tbilisi. As the town is very eclectic with multifaceted ethnicity, cultural or religious diversity, we also include those sites which can give you clear vision what is hidden behind the name of Tbilisi.
1. Metekhi church (built in 13th century);
2. Narikala fortress and St. Nikolas Church (fortress is around 1600 years old), we can get to the place by air tramway;
3. Abanotubani (Sulfuric bath was built centuries ago, famous for its sulfur, therapeutic springs, worth to visit);
4. Charden street, (best stores selling Georgian handicrafts, jewelry, restaurants);
5. Sioni cathedral (built in 6-7th centuries)
6. Anchiskhati church
7. Freedom sq. Rustaveli Ave.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.