- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The historic centre of Todi reflects the wealth and prosperity of this lovely town in the Middle Ages. With our tour you will explore the city centre focusing on the famous central square closed on one side by the Cathedral of Saint Mary and on the other side by the 13th-14th century government buildings.
- Professional guide
Tempio di Santa Maria della Consolazione, 06059 Todi PG, Italy
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Storico di Todi, Todi Italy
Jacopone from Todi, poet and Franciscan friar but furthermore author of Stabat Mater Dolorosa, one of the greatest Latin hymns of all time, was born there. You will visit Saint Fortunato church which preserves his tomb. Just few steps out of the city centre you will see the Renaissance architecture of Santa Maria della Consolazione, built to preserve a 15th century image which performed a miracle which attracted a flood of pilgrims to the town. Twenty years ago Todi, this little town perched on a hill in the Tiber Valley in Italy, was celebrated as the world's most liveable town, a modern paradise. That was the conclusion reached after a lengthy study by a team from the University of Kentucky.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.