- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a guided walking tour in the stunning umbrian countryside not far from the Park of Mount Peglia, a Biosphere Reserve. Accompanied by an expert local guide you will discover stunning views and paths and you will reach a charming medieval village. You will spend a memorable morning learning all the secrets of ancients roads and hidden spots. Optional lunch in a local restaurant to taste the delicious umbria cuisine.
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Umbrian Lunch in restaurant (optional with supplement)
This walking track is very interesting, as it is almost completely outside the current road system. The tour starts from San Venanzo, a town that rises on the slopes of Monte Peglia and whose origins date back to the Byzantine era, around the 8th century. Accompanied by an expeert guide you will take Via della Fornace. After a few hundred meters you leave the town and then, shortly after, enter the woods, continuing towards the North. You always follow a beautiful road, first in the woods, then close to the cultivated fields along the valley of Torrente Faena up to the paved road that we will take a right downhill . You will reach a charming medieval village, Rotecastello, very interesting to visit, chosen as a residence by many foreigners, in which there is also a characteristic restaurant.
You can choose to book a lunch in this restaurant, famous for its delicious typical cuisine, where you can enjoy homemade pasta and desserts, tasty cold cuts and cheeses and other local specialties.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring :Trekking shoes, full water bottle, hat, anorak, spare clothing, plastic bags (in case of fords). Recommended: sticks
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.