- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Embark on this private 9-hour tour to Volterra and San Gimignano starting with pickup directly from the Livorno port. Attain a true look at the Tuscan cities as you tour the towns, seeing alabaster shops and ancient architectural works. Take a break for lunch at a local farm before being transported back to your cruise ship.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Family friendly
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00pm
Daily, throughout the year
Meet your private driver and guide at 8am after disembarking from your cruise ship. Hop in the Mercedes minivan waiting for you and begin your 1-hour-long drive through the Tuscan hills to the ancient town of Volterra. The town sits on a high plateau offering uninterrupted views of the surrounding hills and boasting over 3,500 years of history. It was one of the most important Etruscan cities from the fourth to sixth centuries BC and is rich in archaeological remains, both Etruscan and Roman. See several alabaster workshops, as this is one of Volterra's most profitable natural resources.
Concluding your tour of Volterra, begin your drive towards San Gimignano, stopping to enjoy lunch at a lively farm along the way. Continue on to the beautiful and historic center of San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.The town is renowned for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, one of the few DOCG white wines of Italy, and has also reintroduced the farming of saffron which was cultivated here in the Middle Ages as an important part of the city’s economy. After a day discovering small the Tuscan towns, sit back, relax, and enjoy the comfortable 1.5-hour journey back to your ship in the port of Livorno.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.