- 3 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Marrakech and Fes are the major cities everyone visiting Morocco can’t miss. Combining the Sahara desert with Fes and Marrakech will make your Morocco desert tour as rich as it can be. For that reason, and with increasing inquiries, we decided to suggest a Marrakech to Fes desert trip for you to take advantage of and combine the Sahara desert with the two amazing cities of Marrakech and Fes.
– Cross the High Atlas Mountains driving past one Berber village after another
– Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou considered a world heritage site by the UNESCO
– Visit Ouarzazate and its Kasbah Ait Ben-Haddou
– Drive along the Valley of the roses & the road of 1001 Kasbahs
– Walk in Todra oasis to Todra Gorges & visit a Berber village
– Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi
– Spend the night under the stars at your Sahara desert camp
– Drive along Ziz Valley and cross the Middle Atlas Mountains with its cedar forests to Fes
- 2x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Camel trek
- lunch on the way
- Guide at Kasbat Ait Ben-Haddou 2€
Traveler pickup is offered
Traveller pickup is offered
- Pick-up from all hotels and riads in Marrakech.
- If your riad is in the medina the pick-up location will be the nearest accessible place to the riad.
- All guests should contact the agency for the pickup location and address.
Day 1: eMARRAKECH > TI’ZIN TICHKA > KASBAH AIT BEN HADDOU > BOUMALN DADES
Pass By: Gorges du Dades, R704 Gorges Dades, Boumalne Dades 45350 Morocco
Your shared 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Fes will start early in the morning. We depart Marrakech at 07h30 AM to Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou through Tizi Ntichka pass and the high Atlas Mountains. Numerous stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters. After lunch, we drive to Boumalne Dades via the Valley of the Roses before we reach our hotel Le Vieux Chateau De Dades or Panorama.
Accommodation included: Le Vieux Chateau de Dades or Panorama (Depend on availability)
Day 2: BOUMALNE DADES > GORGE OF TODRA > MERZOUGA
Pass By: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
After breakfast at the hotel, you will then leave to the Toudra Gorge, which is naturally constituted on high limestone cliffs that have been hollowed out for millennia. This wonderful site is also the delight of climbing enthusiasts.
After lunch, the journey will continue to the fascinating dunes of Merzouga. It is a village that marks the beginning of the Sahara. At this stage, vehicles will be replaced by camels to enjoy a traditional camel ride for 1hour. You will cross the dunes and admire the sunset and the colours in perpetual evolution.
After a traditional dinner with Berber rhythms, you will spend the night under the stars in a nomad tent in the middle of the desert.
Accommodation included: You will spend the night in the nomad tents in the big dunes
Day 3: MERZOUGA – FES ( 8 HOURS DRIVE )
Pass By: Medina of Fez, Fes 30000 Morocco
After an hour sunrise camel trek, enjoy your breakfast at the camp operator’s lodge I’m Merzouga, then you will have some time to freshen up before you say goodbye to the rest of the group driving back to Marrakech and meet your new driver to Fes. After you’ve installed in your new van, depart on a long drive to Fes crossing the Ziz Valley through Errachidia which is the capital of Tafilalt region, and we continue to Midelt where we will have lunch at leisure before we keep driving across the Middle Atlas Mountains with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns of Imouzzar and Ifran. We arrive at Fes late in the afternoon.
Your shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour will end with a drop off at your Fes Riad or hotel of your choice.
No accommodation included on this day.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.