- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Come aboard the Liberty Clipper and take a trip back in time on this 125 foot tall ship schooner. You'll be charmed by our fleet from the moment you set foot on board. Find your favorite spot on deck from which to enjoy the Boston Harbor skyline and settle in for a relaxing sail to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, or use some muscle and haul up sails and maybe even take the helm! Perhaps you'd like to sing a shanty or two with the crew? You will gain a whole new perspective of Boston on this unique sailing experience. Talk about photo ops! This is an ideal way to get out on the water for two hours - snacks and beverages are sold onboard as we don't want you to go hungry while at sea! Day sails and sunset sails are also amongst the offerings on the Liberty or unleash your inner pirate return for the Saturday evening Rum & Revelry Cruise. Also check for Special Events such as during the July 4th Festivities.
- All activities
- Sales tax included in price
- Great views of Boston and the islands in the harbor!
- Snacks (chips, etc) - cash only.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase) - cash only or buy drink tickets online.
- Soda / Bottled Water / Seltzer - cash only or buy drink tickets online.
- Gratuities (not expected but very much appreciated)
- Please note this is not a narrated tour, but our crew is happy to answer any questions you may have!
Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can find the Liberty Clipper by Central Wharf next to the New England Aquarium in Boston Harbor. Sailing times are at noon Monday through Saturday and at 3:00 pm seven days a week.
Once all passengers are aboard, we'll point the ship into the wind. At this point you can sit back and relax or ... flex some muscle! Feel free to hoist the sails - grab the line and help us HAUL AWAY to raise the main sail, fore sail, and jib! You'll get to experience a little of what it is like to sail a traditional schooner with everything operated by hand. An experienced captain and crew will tend the sails while you enjoy beautiful views of Boston Harbor. Depending on the direction of the wind, we might sail toward the outer harbor and you'll get a look at Fort Independence, watch planes taking off or landing right over our masts from Logan International Airport, and view the Boston Harbor Islands. Or we might head over by East Boston, visit the Charlestown Navy Yard - home to the USS Constitution, and glimpse the white steeple of Old North Church in one of Boston's oldest neighborhoods, the North End. Once the Liberty Clipper has you nice and relaxed, the crew will tie up again where the trip began and we hope your energy is restored for further city exploration.
Drinks and snacks can be purchased on board and a bar is set up as well. It can get breezy out on the water (remember how you wanted to relax and cool off?) so it is helpful to bring a light sweater or jacket (some Liberty Fleet merchandise is available for sale onboard), as well as sunscreen. And yes, there are bathrooms (called 'heads' on ships!) below deck!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- SOME IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- We suggest that you arrive 15-20 minutes before departure to allow yourself time to check in at the booth which is located on Central Wharf near the New England Aquarium (across from Legal Sea Foods restaurant). You don't want to miss out on the fun, do you?
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required. Our crew is happy to help get you onboard! Due to the nature of the vessel, we are unable to accommodate motorized wheelchairs. Surfaces are uneven.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- PLEASE NOTE: Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled. Your space has been guaranteed at the event and the activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will receive credit for a future sailing. The Company reserves the right to cancel any sail for inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. If the Company cancels your cruise, you may reschedule to another comparable sail or receive a Company credit, but no refund will be issued. Further, the Company may cancel any sail for a private charter in which case a full refund will be issued. The Company reserves the right to substitute vessels for any departure. For groups of 8 or more a 10% minimum gratuity will be added to your booking and you hereby authorize us to charge the gratuity to your credit card as an additional charge.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.