- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Come and join us on this amazing group activity that brings to life the wonder of turtles’ birth and benefits a local non-profit organization protecting turtles in the area. Our professional guide is keeping a watchful eyes on our hatchery at the northern tip of Cherating in Pahang and this activity is limited to dates in September and October of turtle hatching season.
- Transportation to/from attractions
Chendor Beach at Cherating
Daily available until end of Turtle season (from April to October)
We are building a small “eco” resort on the beach and the first thing that’s operational is the hatchery for mostly Green Turtles. Join us to enjoy baby turtles to release in the sea.
This egg-laying season, which peaked between April and September, we buy eggs and reburied them on the Beach. We estimate that by the time all have hatched we will have a success rate of about 60%. Gestation takes between 45 and 60 days and our guide considers it appropriate he excavates the nest to check on the status of the eggs: often tree roots can prevent them escaping the nest, and on our site the sand is too fine, leading to compaction after rain that can make it very difficult for the turtles to dig themselves out.
We will release all our turtles within 24 hours of hatching to ensure that they have the largest energy reserves to start their journey. Come and join us with your kids to enjoy this amazing experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.