- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
You’re already pushing the limits of your surfing and are now ready to throw yourself in the deep end. This is a 5-day program with daily 2-hour course periods on theory, practice, and practical. The “Power Surfer” program is the ultimate life charger. If your passion is to ride short boards, duck dive set waves, and move to the tropics, then this program is for you. Picking up from the “Reef Surfer” program you will perfect your ‘cutback’, the power of your ’bottom turn’, and finishing with a ‘snap’ or a ‘floater’. The “Power Surfer” program is derived from the Rip Curl Team Rider Training Manual with direct inserts given to each student, along with performance reviews and imagery coaching. See for yourself when and where you are going wrong with video analysis of your session, and by the end of this course you’ll know exactly how to keep improving your technique.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All necessary equipment included
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with WIFI
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Legian, Seminyak, Oberoi, Canggu, Kuta, Jimbaran, Uluwatu, Nusa Dua, and Sanur area)
- Regular course has a 5:1 student to instructor/assistant ratio
- Surfing equipment (surfboard, leash, Gath surf helmet, & reef booties during reef trips)
- Reef boat usage for reef trips in Sanur
- One million dollars USD in liability insurance & ten thousand dollars USD in medical insurance
- Shower facilities with fresh water and soap
- Imported zinc and sunscreen
- Rip Curl rash shirt and board shorts
- Private changing rooms
- Individual locker facilities
- Fresh fruits after the lesson
- Transport outside of coverage area
- Sealed drinking water throughout entirety of course (for purchase)
Rip Curl School of Surf
This program is designed to continue your lesson to the next level that will take you from reef surfer to power surfer. This a 5-day program on theory, practice, and practical with 2 hours of lessons everyday. This course is designed to help you to step up your game. Learn how to drive off your bottom turn to slash the lip of a wave, master fast rail-to-rail surfing, and smoothly link your maneuvers. The students will be given the usage of study books to learn from and aid in instruction during the program.
You are offered free transport in the coolest vans in town: totally air-conditioned, free WIFI, roof racked up to carry boards, and kitted out with DVD players featuring the latest Rip Curl surf movies to psych you up on your way to the school. All students are equipped with Rip Curl rash shirts, legging, Rip Curl board shorts, booties for reef surfing, wet suits (on request), and surf helmet ensuring your comfort and safety. Super conscious about protecting students from the sun, you are supplied with high-quality Beach Hut sunscreen for your body and with all-natural Surf Yogis zinc cream for your face before and during all sessions. It is insisted that students replenish their fluids with drinking water at every opportunity, and eat fresh fruit after the lesson.
The school facilities include the latest range of Rip Curl surf wear, changing rooms, personal lockers, private bathrooms, fresh water showers, towel, and loads of off street parking. Chill out area has cold drinks, good tunes, tables, and chairs. If you are bringing a friend or family member along, then all locations are adjacent to great restaurants where they can relax in style and enjoy a meal.
Courses are scheduled daily at 8am, 10am, 1pm, and 3pm at the school in Sanur (Prama Sanur Beach Hotel). Different disciplines and levels may require different tides, wave size, and wind conditions. Every effort will be made to schedule your course accordingly.
The school goes to great effort to ensure that all the instructors and assistants are among the highest qualified in the world. Flown in annually are certification instructors, or the staff is sent abroad to complete levels in all of the different course disciplines; thereby, making sure they are taught the latest and most efficient programs. It is insisted that the front line crew and drivers also partake in the activities to give them an understanding of the programs, so they are able to answer questions and more importantly share in your experience.
Modern, quality equipment is used for all activities, and all kites, boards, and sails are selected to provide maximum safety and enjoyment to students at all levels. All school activities are covered by a $1,000,000 insurance policy.
School photographers will take photos during the lesson, which will be for sale to the guest upon completion of the program. Images are stored on a custom Rip Curl surfboard USB.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The schedule of the lesson will be confirmed one day in advance
- Minimum age is 13 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.