- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Spend a day exploring the magnificent Paklenica National park with professional guide that will show you all its hidden beauties, mountain flora and most breathtaking viewpoints.
- Professional mountain leader,
- service Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Lunch in the hut
- Entrance fee to the Paklenica NP (5,5 EUR off - season, 6,5 EUR season May- September)
Zadar Sea Organ (Old Town)
Hotel pick - up upon request
The group meets at the entrance of Paklenica National park.
The tour begins in Velika Paklenica canyon,european and world famous place for rock climbing andÂ mountaineering. This tour passes the bottom of the canyon, the path that has been usedÂ during history for trafficking with Lika situated on the opposite side of Velebit.Â The trail meanders by the stream and besides ascent at the beginning, it is almost flat all the way toÂ the mountain hut. On the way you will be able to try fresh and clean water from the stream and ejoy the sights of untouched nature.
Upon arrival in a 100 years old mountain hut a guest gets a warm welcome by an always pleasantÂ and cheerful host awaiting him with a homemade brandy, tea and juice made of Velebit herbs as wellÂ as honey.Â It is possible to have a meal at the mountain hut,Â a traditional dish called âPekaâ, bakedÂ under âthe bellâ on fire. You can choose more options: barbecue, bean, omelette or cookedÂ vegetable.Â
The break is followed by a visit toÂ an area of houses built into the rock joints. After that unusual sight we head back towards the beginning of the canyon.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please pay attention on the equipment and bring with you the following: backpack, mountaineering boots or sneakers,sun hat, sun cream, sun glasses, dry clothes to change, wind-jacket, raincoat, water bottle 1,5-2 liters, snack (sweet and salt), medicament's if you use any, personal documents)
- Lunch can be arranged in the hut but please note that all the groceries are delivered to the hut only by horses and donkeys (no accessible roads for car access), and we need to have prior reservations for lunch - please contact us in advance if you wish to make reservations.
- Regardless of lunch reservations, bring snacks (salt and sweet) - there are no restaurants or shops in the mountain
- This hike is K2 level (moderate)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.