- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
A 2-hour customized private charter aboard “Fast Cat” for small groups of up to 6 adventurous passengers seeking an eco-friendly and memorable whale watching experience. This charter is GoPro and drone friendly! With speeds up to 30 knots, our zodiac catamaran will have you out with Dana Point’s year-round whales and dolphins faster. The boat’s low profile and uniquely wide, rectangular, bow area can get you within arm’s reach of the animals!
- U. S. Coast Guard inspected and certified vessel
- Licensed Captain
- Live commentary on board
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
24440 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629, USA
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dana Point Harbor, 34624 Golden Lantern St, Dana Point, CA 92629-2908
Your adventure departs from Dana Point Harbor, one of the best places in the world to view year-round dolphins, whales, sea lions, and more. Please check in at least 30 minutes in advance. Free parking in the immediate vicinity is available.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Baby Beach, 24300 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629-2914
We are located right next to Baby Beach. A great place for families to enjoy after their whale watching trip!
Stop At: Capt. Dave's Dolphin & Whale Watching Safari, 24440 Dana Point Harbor Dr, Dana Point, CA 92629-3018
Head upstairs and our friendly “Dolphin Deck” team will get you checked in and ready to board. Now is a great time to use the restroom or grab a quick snack. If you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, graduation or any other special occasion, please let us know when reserving.
When it’s time to depart, you’ll be escorted to the boat. Fast Cat is Dana Point’s first and only U. S. Coast Guard inspected Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat (RHIB). This zodiac-style catamaran features heavily padded seats and seat backs and a large custom sunshade for maximum comfort during your whale watching cruise. Fast and bouncy in a way that will have you grinning non-stop from ear to ear, our boat features a low center of gravity, making it a great option for guests concerned about seasickness.
Your adventure kicks into high gear as we exit Dana Point Harbor and head out into open waters. Year-round whales, dolphins, seals and sea lions, fish including sharks, pelagic birds, and more can be seen within just a few miles of shore. Whether you want to dunk your GoPro or make your drone soar, a private charter on Fast Cat is a great way to film marine wildlife with your high-tech “toys”.
Fascinating live narration will teach you about the animals you’re seeing, from tiny krill to the largest animal on earth, the blue whale. At the conclusion of your whale watching charter, you’ll receive one of Mrs. Capt. Dave’s yummy Triple Fudge Brownies. A sweet treat to say thank you for joining us!
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Booking for one adult is booking for a group of up to 6 passengers. We will follow up to confirm the number of guests you have and their names.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suggested for child aged 4 and under
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You may encounter occasional ocean spray
- No restroom on the boat. Restrooms on land are available to use before boarding
- Please no over-sized bags or coolers
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.