- 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience a traditional Vietnamese wet market culture. Accompanied by a chef from the Hanoi Cooking Centre, discover the unique ingredients, seasonal produce, and exotic spices used in Vietnamese cooking.
Then head back to the center for a delicious 3-course lunch or dinner with one complimentary drink. This is a great opportunity to do more than just have a meal if your schedule is tight and time is limited.
- Lunch included
- Several menus to choose from
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- Local guide
- One drink (ID required)
- Additional food and drinks available from the menu at an extra charge, payable in local currency or credit cards
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Hanoi Cooking Centre
Returns to original departure point
The tour starts with a traditional Hanonian welcome of Ha Lan Tea in the courtyard cafe of the Hanoi Cooking Centre in late morning. The guide and chef will introduce themselves and give a brief overview of the itinerary.
Prior to heading off to the market, guests will receive a brief introduction to Vietnamese cuisine, highlighting the contents of a traditional meal as well as the longstanding traditions of shopping in a Vietnamese market. Guests will then take a short 3-minute walk to the Chau Long Market. Guests will then receive a thorough 30-40 minute tour of the market highlighting the unusual produce, livestock, and silk worms, along with the chef providing in-depth information about the sights, sounds and smells of the market. Guests are encouraged to ask questions and take photographs.
Upon returning to Hanoi Cooking Centre, guests are then offered the choice between the courtyard cafe, the air-conditioned first floor, or the roof-top restaurant to enjoy a delicious traditional 3-course Vietnamese meal with the following dishes:
• Papaya salad with dried beef, and fresh or fried spring rolls
• Bun Bo Nam Bo (beef noodle soup, southern style), or Bun Cha (BBQ pork 2 ways with vermicelli), or vegetarian mixed Pho
• Che Sen (lotus soup)
• with the inclusion of 1 drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.