- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Red River Delta is one of the cradles of Vietnamese culture. With thousand years of history, it has been keeping a lot of “treasures”. This trip takes you to outstanding cultural sites to help you understand more about this mythical land by visiting handicraft villages, bonsai farms and an ancient house.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Transportation by Jeep
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Pick up at hotel and you head to outskirt of Hanoi. Get out of the city center, you start driving on the dyke of the Red River. On the way, you will stop at Bat Trang Ceramic Village - it is well known throughout Vietnam for its beautiful ceramics. The products become quite commercial now but the old part of the village is still worth of visiting. You can go to visit the family workshop where the whole processed of making ceramic will be explained to you carefully.
Leave the village, continue driving on the dyke, you will pass by the area where the locals expertise in cultivating bonsai and kumquat for new year decorating. It is interesting to get to know about how people prepare for Tet (lunar new year) from house decoration to the foods.
Take a visit an ancient house. Meet the hospitable host, have cup of tea and listen to his introduction of 300 years old house, it is full of antiques. His grandfather was a Mandarin; his father was a Confucian scholar so the stories about his family will be very interesting for you. Beside his ancient house, he also loves to tell you about his beautiful garden and how his grandfather applied Fengshui in choosing the location and constructing their house. You will be invited to have lunch prepared by his wife, a lady with “happy- ending face”. Enjoy the meal and you will get to know more about the philosophy behind the cuisine of the Northern Vietnam.
Farewell to the warm hearted host, you will transfer back to Hanoi, end of the trip.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing the seat in same Jeep with 2 paying adults; if your child takes her/his own seat, adult rate will be applied
- If your family has 04 person: parents and 02 kids, you may need to book for 03 adults so your family will travel on 02 Jeeps to make sure having enough space for all members. As 01 Jeep only could hold 04 adults (include driver) plus 01 kid so driver and tour guide will be in front seats then there is only the back seat for your family
- Dress code is smart casual
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.