- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Vietnamese ceramics have greatly contributed to shape the country’s values and the importance of its quality handicraft. Villages such as Bat Trang and the wood carving community residing at Ky Dong are centres of the preservation of its heritage.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hanoi
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations, otherwise supplementary charges will be applied
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Your booked Hanoi Hotel (conditions apply)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Your booked Hanoi Hotel (conditions apply)
Popular among locals and visitors and one of the cornerstones of Vietnamese culture, the handicraft industry continues to set the tone for what has made the country such an established name in the tourism industry. Using ancient techniques and trying to avoid including a completely machine-made end product, artisans around the country have stayed true to something that cannot be left aside when visiting. A famous region of the cradle of ceramic lies just outside Hanoi with all the material they need to fabricate pure master pieces from the lands and the nearby Red River and nearby ancient trade centres. Bat Trang’s history and its prominent place in the world of fine ceramics expand across close to seven centuries, blending influences from regional traders and international visitors into their design.
This half day tour can both be booked in the morning or in the afternoon and commence with a pick-up from your downtown Hanoi hotel by an English speaking guide and head straight to Bat Trang. Situated in the Gia Lam district of Hanoi, the drive (around 20 minutes, depending on traffic and weather conditions) will take you through the outskirts of the capital, the location of setting up Bat Trang ceramic village is no coincidence: all ingredients for making high-end ceramics lies just at the doorsteps of this community alongside its old trading routes for domestic and international export. Aside from local household products, Bat Trang has gained a reputation for having expanded their ceramic production techniques to decorative items and small trinkets that make excellent souvenirs. All these novelties in producing Vietnamese porcelain has fortunately not diminished the quality and this makes it a popular shopping spot for locals and visitors, looking for quality in wholesale format. Skilled artisans are eager to demonstrate the ways on how they turn raw material into stunning examples of ceramic as you weave through the stalls and markets to bear witness of the immense assortment of pottery and porcelain items. Avid shoppers and those appreciating the finer art of ceramic making tend to extend their stay at Bat Trang, simply because there is so much to see and happening.
Before we move back to Hanoi, we make a stop at another cherished form of handicraft – wood carving. The Dong Ky community, like the Bat Trang village, has kept generations-long traditions in turning wood into traditional Vietnamese furniture and household good alive. Wood carvers here especially have mastered combining wood carving with adding mother-of-pearl inlays, giving it its Vietnamese flair. This region has been established centuries ago where the wood carving techniques are carried over from generation to generation.
It is time to head back after this 4-hour touring some of the great examples of Vietnamese handicraft and you will be brought back to your booked hotel in Hanoi.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Based on minimum 2 adults
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Hanoi city centre. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the capital, harbour and the Hanoi International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs. When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 48 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.