- 1 day (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Ba Vi is a Mountainous Area of Hanoi. It’s one of a kind activity that you can escape all the noises and crowd of big city and allow yourself to explore and live close to local people! It’s great chance to enjoy a wonderful trip with a beautiful villages, warm welcome of Muong Ethnic village in West of Hanoi.
• Duration: 01 day
• Location: Moc village, Ba Vi district, Ha Noi (About 68km from centre Hanoi city, about 1.5 hours by car)
• Harvesting tea leaves on the over-30-years-old tea farm
• Cooking with local host
• Visiting local workshops in the village
• Cycling across the rice field and villages
• Have your feet soaking with herbs following the traditional recipes of Muong ethnic minority
• Boating on the Da River
- Local guide
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup & drop off from/to centre Hanoi city
- Welcome drink and local fruit
- All activities: Harvesting tea, Cooking, Visiting the local workshops in the village, Cycling, Traditional foot bathing, Boating
- Vietnamese lunch and a bottle of water/pax
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Centrally located Hanoi hotels
08:00 – Start your trip to Ri village in Ba Vi. After 1.5 hours’ driving, you will arrive your Mr Duoc’s house with a welcome drink.
10:00 – Then visiting the 30-year-old tea plantation in Ri Village. This is a green and peaceful place that to enjoy beautiful scenery of the village. This Tea Plantation is play important for providing tea products for the whole north of Vietnam. You will have a chance to help local family to harvest tea leaves, you will know how to pick the best part of the tea tree to make the most wonderful beverage as Vietnam traditional tea.
Mr Duoc is a veteran in Vietnam War and the owner of a large tea farm. He also is an expert on handling the raw tea leaves and he will introduce you how to make a good green tea before selling.
You will have great time listening to the host’s stories and his life in Vietnam war, besides, enjoying great tea with green lentils or lotus seeds that made by his family.
11:15 – Driving about 10 minutes to visit another host family in Moc Village to give you a cooking class by Mrs. Chin – a host family. She will show you how to cook Vietnamese food, and you have great time to enjoy lunch with food you done.
13:45 – After lunch, you have time to walk (or bicycle) around the village to explore local culture and you will visit the local workshops. You will learn how to make tofu, unshell the rice and may be see the workshop of local hammerer who is working there for 70 years and makes and fixes all the farming tools in the village.
15:00 – You have a cycling tour for 1 hour will through beautiful rice fields and villages. You can find out daily life of local people and interact with them.
Mr Chau is the next host, who will welcome you with fresh mint lemon juice, which all ingredients freshly picked from his own garden. Besides that, have soak your foot in warm water with herbs following the traditional recipes of Muong ethnic minority. This will give your feet relaxing time after cycling sessions around the village.
Your afternoon will end with a boat trip about 30 minutes down the Da River on which you can enjoy the breathtaking landscapes and explore the local life along the riverside.
This is great time say goodbye host family to drive back to Ha Noi center. End your tour at the hotel around 18:30
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children price policy
- Child under 2 years old is free of charge
- Child from 2-under 5 years old: 50% of adult price
- Child from 5-under 12 years old: 75% of adult price
- Child above 12 years old: count as adult
- Special note
- This is private tour
- Total length of cycling: 60 minutes
- Total length of boat trip: 30 minutes
- Road conditions: Rural trails
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy
- Transportation by private car
- What you should bring?
- Comfy & casual clothes
- Sun protection/sun cream
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.