- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Through the experience Straw Marquetry and Ise Honkaido Pilgrimage Walks, you will know real life, history and culture in rural area.
Misugi is very beautiful, quiet and peaceful Inaka place. Misugi has unique history, culuture and lifestyle.
Inaka means the country-side in Japanese.
However, Misugi is now facing at extreme depopulation problem. The population decreased by half in this 2 decades.
We want to empower our village by tourism. Because tourism can connect many people and industries. Then, we made an organization "Inaka Tourism".
We provide 4 kinds of experiences (All 1-day tour).
1. "Purify your mind and body" tour
- Zen Meditation, Forest Therapy and Lunch
2. "Pilgrimage walks" tour
- Straw Marquetry, Historical Walks and Lunch
3. "Touch the Forester's Life" tour
- Forestry, Kijishi Wood craft and Lunch
4. "We Love Nature" tour
- Forest Therapy, Cycling and Lunch
- Lunch - You can a try river fish "Amago" which can be alive only in pure and clean water.
- Entry/Admission - Isehonkaido Okitsujuku
- Entry/Admission - 竹原地域住民センター
- Entry/Admission - 魚末あまごセンター
Ise-Yachi Station, Misugicho Yachi, Tsu, Mie 515-3421, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
- by train
This JR Meisho Line is completely inconvenient train which runs only once per two hours. However, the scenery from the train is unbelievably beautiful. It is just one rail, one train and one conductor. It is the cutest train in the world we believe. There is a train which will arrive 8:44am at Ise-Yachi station bound for Ise-Okitsu. If you use JR Meisho line and miss the train, it is automatically cancelled. Because next train will come two hours later.
On the way back, you will take 15:22 train bound for Matsusaka.
- by car
It takes two hours drive from Nagoya or Osaka. Please set Ise-Yachi station (伊勢八知駅) as a destination on you GPS.
- for guests of Inaka Tourism accommodations or Misugi Resort
Our staff will bring you to the meeting point by car.
Returns to original departure point
With the storyteller of Misugi, you can feel like you were in Edo era, about 400 years ago.At that time, most of Japanese tried to visit Ise grand shrine for pilgrim once in a life. Because Ise grand shrine is the highest shrine in Japan. This is one of the origin of journey. And those people used straw sandals as shoes.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Isehonkaido Okitsujuku, Misugicho Okitsu, Tsu 515-3531 Mie Prefecture
With the professional of Straw Marquetry, you will make a hand craft like single flower vase or sandals. Ancient people used those sandals.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: 竹原地域住民センター, Misugicho Takehara, Tsu, Mie 515-3201, Japan
You can a try river fish "Amago" which can be alive only in pure and clean water.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: 魚末あまごセンター, 1300 Misugichō Kawakami, Tsu-shi, Mie-ken 515-3532, Japan
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.