- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Observing whales in their natural environment leaves a feel-good mark on the soul- Knysna the best places to do this!
As Knysna’s only permitted close encounter operator, our team is passionate about showcasing our prolific marine life and our incredibly picturesque & scenic coastline.
Every year, both the Southern Right and the Humpback whales leave their icy feeding grounds off Antarctica and migrate to mate and calve in the warmer waters of our Southern African coastline. Knysna is one of the best whale watching destinations in the country.
Knysna is blessed with year-round sightings - large pods of Dolphins and regular sightings of Brydes whales. From June through to November/December Knysna’s you can sight our incredible migrating whales, as our waters teem with Southern right and humpback whales and they skirt our coastline while making their way to the tropics.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Ocean Odyssey
Ocean Odyssey Whale Watching Knysna, TH44 Long St, Thesen, Harbour Town, Knysna, 6571, South Africa
Returns to original departure point
Guests will check in at our reception where they are required to sign an indemnity form. Once all guests have checked in our crew will start preparing them with life jackets. Once every one is ready they will be given a briefing on the tour they will be departing on and what to expect. A safety briefing will be given by the skipper once all guests have boarded the boat before departing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- All trips subject to weather conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation - minimum number of passengers required due to vessel operating weight requirement.
- Children and infants are considered a passenger and have a seat allocation.
- Marine mammals are free roaming and wild, sightings of any kind are not guaranteed therefore we do not offer refunds for no sightings-
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.