- 6 to 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This is an affordable private tour with a personal, dedicated guide.
We guarantee your space to enjoy yourself in comfort. We take only two people in a vehicle, or 4 from the same group, or 6 (must have at least 2 children) from the same family.
You decide where you would like to spend time taking photo's or at viewpoints.
We offer freshly baked snacks, water and juice.
We go beyond the beaten track, include visits to shepherds in their homes and go to private homesteads.
We offer you traditional food tasting at a private restaurant.
You will see more, hear more and experience much more on these tours.
If you are cold we have fluffy blankets and hot bean bags for you.
There are warm and cold towels to refresh you along the way. We give you the option of lots of other extras for special occasions and make sure everyone has a superb certificate of achievement for summiting the Sani Pass.
- Snacks - Freshly baked snacks, tea, coffee, juice and water are available for tea stops and throughout the tour
- All activities are private with a personal guide.
- Hot or cold towels available
- Blankets and hot bags if cold
- Unique activities seldom seen.
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Sani Pass
- Alcoholic Beverages
Sani Curio & Craft Shop, Clock Tower center, R617, Underberg, 3257, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a private tour so we will collect you from your accommodation. Please contact us to make arrangements. A small surcharge may apply if more than 15 km's outside of Underberg unless your accommodation is situated on the road towards the Sani Pass.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sani Pass, Natal Drakensberg Park Lesotho, Underberg South Africa
The Sani Pass has been described by almost everyone as the 'Mother of all Passes'. It is a gravel pass with extremely steep bends between KwaZulu-Natal’s Underberg region and Lesotho.
It is higher and steeper and much tougher than any of its Southern African competitors and the steep switch-backs offer the most exceptional views in the country.
Built in 1950 as a bridle path, what this pass takes out of you in the challenge of adventure, it gives back in scenery.
As the altitude increases, the road becomes narrower and more treacherous. All signs of human habitation disappear and you come face to face with the vast, desolate beauty of the Drakensberg Mountains.
The road is made of gravel, and at elevations ranging from 1544m to 2876m at the summit, the Sani pass is only for the bravest and the best guides. For safety reasons, only 4×4 cars are allowed on this Pass.
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- VALID PASSPORTS and VISAS IF REQUIRED
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.