- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Alghero, one of Sardinia's most picturesque medieval cities. Although largely given over to tourism, the town hasn't given up its unique character and it retains a proud and independent spirit.
You will see the majestic Cattedrale (cathedral) di Santa Maria, the Piazza Civica, the Church of S.Francesco with its beautiful 13th century cloister and the Church of S.Michele, with its brightly colored majolica dome.
Marvel in front of the 14th-century Torre Porta a Terra, which is all that remains of Porta a Terra, one of the two main gates into the medieval city. Then get to see Torre di San Giovanni, an impressive medieval tower now used to stage temporary art exhibitions.
And there's so much more! Alghero's animated historic centre is indeed a terrific place to hang out, beside being one of the best preserved in Sardinia.
- private tour
- expert tour guide
- food & drinks
- entrance to museums/churches/palaces (in case you decide to visit some of them, you can buy your ticket on the spot)
- Entry/Admission - Cattedrale di Santa Maria
Banchina Dogana, Porto di Alghero, Banchina Dogana, 07041 Alghero SS, Italy
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cattedrale di Santa Maria, Piazza Duomo, Alghero, Sardinia Italy
You will see the majestic Cattedrale (cathedral) di Santa Maria...
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Chiesa di San Francesco, Via Carlo Alberto 46, 07041, Alghero, Sardinia Italy
Get to see the Church of S.Francesco, with its beautiful 13th century cloister.
Pass By: Chiesa di San Michele, Piazza Ginnasio, Alghero, Sardinia Italy
Spot the Church of San Michele, with its brightly coloured majolica dome.
Stop At: Torre di Porta Terra, Piazza Porta Terra, 07041, Alghero, Sardinia Italy
Marvel in front of the 14th-century Torre Porta a Terra, which is all that remains of Porta a Terra, one of the two main gates into the medieval city.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Torre di San Giovanni, Largo San Francesco 2, 07041, Alghero, Sardinia Italy
Then get to see Torre di San Giovanni, an impressive medieval tower now used to stage temporary art exhibitions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee.
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.