- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Make the most of your stop in Cagliari and disembark your cruise ship for an exciting 4-hour tour shore excursion. Walk trough the ancient roman streets of Nora and visit the town of Pula.
Your private guide will meet you at the Passenger's Terminal in Cagliari cruise port for a picturesque 40-minute drive to the ancient ruins of Nora, the first Phoenician city of Sardinia! This excursion is just for you and your private group. Over the course of approximately 1.5 hours, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will share the rich history of this site that may eventually be inaccessible. The southern part of Sardinia is sinking into the Mediterranean Sea, which has resulted in a significant portion of the former town now being submerged.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide for english, italian, french and portuguese
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour (optional)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
Calata Azuni, Cagliari CA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Bitan - Daily Tours, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 11, 09010, Domus de Maria, Sardinia Italy
History is alive and in abundance on the island of Sardinia. This is your opportunity to visit some of what remains of a civilization that is approximately 3,000 years old! Enjoy an exclusive guided visit to the Phoenician city of Nora and the hidden gem town of Pula.
Your guide will meet you out side the gate at your Cagliari cruise port for a picturesque 40-minute drive to the ancient ruins of Nora, the first Phoenician city of Sardinia! Over the course of approximately 1.5 hours, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will share the rich history of this site that may eventually be inaccessible. The southern part of Sardinia is sinking into the Mediterranean Sea, which has resulted in a significant portion of the former town now being submerged.
Nora was a Roman and pre-Roman town dating back to the time of the Phoenicians. Whether fact or abit of fiction, the founding of the town is bathed in colorful history. The tradition says that Nora was the first city on the island.
As you enter the archeological zone, you will see what remains of the thermal baths. Walk along the cobbled street to the heart of this open-air museum - Piazza del Foro. Here you will see the ruins of the Temple of Tanit - a Carthaginian goddess. The archeological zone was revealed in 1889 following a storm that uncovered the Phoenician Tophet, a kind of cemetery for children. And hence the excavations began. An aqueduct and necropolis are found on the site, as are the remains of a nobleman's house dating back to the third century. The rooms of the house are lined with mosaics that are stunning. Your guided visit to Nora will be approximately 1.5 hours.
The main attraction of Nora is the theater, the only one in Sardinia. In its day, it was lined with marble and could seat 1,000 people on its 20 terraces. The spectacular structure still today is host to the La Notte dei Poeti festival! Please note that during the festivals, the theater is covered to protect the ruins. In spite of all that you will see, much of Nora remains unexcavated! Looking out across the golden sands of the beach and the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, you can likely take yourself back to the forgotten past of this ancient urban trading center and imagine what it must have been!
Before returning to your Cagliari cruise port, you will also visit the nearby town of Pula. A hidden gem in the southern Sardinia, with charming alleys and patrician homes. You can browse your perfect souvenir here, there are many craft shops and if times allow maybe you can enter one of their traditional restaurants. Here and throughout this incredible experience, your guide will strive to make your time as personalized as possible. You will have approximately 30 minutes in Pula.
Your transportation will take you back to the port at the Cagliari pier at the end of your excursion.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.