- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a wonderful full-day tour of Porto Flavia and Is Zuddas Caves with a professional, multilingual guide. Discover an amazing sea harbor and a wonderful cave in Sulcis area. Move on to a typical Trattoria and taste traditional Sardinian recipes and local wine (optional). Included in this tour is hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned minivan in Chia area.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Hotel pickup and drop-off only for Chia area
- Bottled water
- Lunch (optional)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Grotte Is Zuddas
- Entry/Admission - Porto Flavia
- Optional Guides and lunch
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel
See how a special crew of miners, expert in explosives and rock climbing was assembled. They worked in shifts, day and night, to complete the excavations in record time. Despite safety measures being practically ignored to speed up work, no casualties were reported in the building phase.
Because the tunnel was without angles or trenches, the usual technique for dynamite drilling was impossible (the crew used those angles and trenches as shelter while blowing up charges just a few meters away). Instead, small cavities were excavated at regular distances to allow the workers to gain cover after igniting explosives. They are still visible in the guided tour.
Going inland, you'll meet some farmers on the way. Passing through this street, arrive to the beautiful Is Zuddas caves in which time seems to have stopped. Stalactites, stalagmites and aragonite are the main attractions that nature can offer.
Relax and enjoy at the Caves Trattoria (optional), where you can taste the Sardinian flavour of a typical local lunch and great Santadi wine.
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion
- This tour is operated daily from March till October, from November till February only on Sundays.
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.