- 5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Make the most of your stop in Cagliari and disembark your cruise ship for an exciting 5-hour tour shore excursion. Visit the Sardinian inland to meet one of the best wineries and try taste the best cheese of the area.
Are you a wine aficionado? Do you simply love a great bottle of wine? If the answer to either question is yes, you will love this experience on the beautiful island of Sardinia.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide for english, italian, portuguese and french
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with free wifi on board, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Flexible with the cruise time
- Alcoholic Beverages
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Bitan - Daily Tours, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 11, 09010, Domus de Maria, Sardinia Italy
You will take the free transport from your Cagliari cruise pier to the parking just one minute away where your guide will be waiting for you. You will meet your guide and board your transportation to the heart of the island and the village of Serdiana located approximately 11 miles (18 km) to the north of Cagliari for a quick yet scenic drive.
Located in the rolling hills, the small town of Serdiana only has a population of approximately 2,000. For thousands of years, the land and climate make the wines and olive oil of this region unique. Not to mention the grapes in this area have been grown since Nuraghic times and some native grapes of the area are famous, like the Cannonau, Vermentino and Carignano. The exact vineyard you will visit depends on the day of the week and the crowds but all are top quality such as Cantine Argiolas, Pauli, Cantine Pala and Audarya.
When you arrive at the winery, you will be treated to a tasting accompanied by cheese and cured meats to complement the samples. Whether you like red wine, white wine, or both, you will be able to have a sample of two different types of each. The winery staff will explain the process and wine itself. You will also have the opportunity to buy some of the best wines in the winery store at a discount - be sure to check with your cruise line for their regulations on bringing wine back on-board. All in all, you will spend approximately 2 hours at the winery, during which time your guide will be happy to assist you with his or her expertise. Many of the wineries have small museums/displays showcasing some of the century-old world ways located now in modern facilities.
Afterwards, you will drive to Donori, where you can taste the best cheese and of course you can save money as well buying from the factory store. At the end of your experience, your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before bringing you back to your cruise ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.