- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
An exciting bike tour that provides the combination of active tourism and historical content as well as exploring nature and meeting Eastern Serbia full of surprising stories.
- High quality aluminum frame mountain bike (27.5’’ Scott Aspect Mountain Bike). Helmet, backpack and safety equipment. Pedals of your choice (alu-flats or Shimano SPD).
- Helmet, backpack and safety equipment.
- Pedals of your choice (alu-flats or Shimano SPD).
- Ride from and back to your accommodation in Belgrade in secure 7-seaters equipped with air condition
- Lunch - Lunch at a local restaurant
- Snacks - INFINITE supply of water/sports drinks and high energy snacks (peanuts and granola bars).
- Experienced bike guide
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers on the address they give us.
NOTE: supply the address of your stay during the booking.
5/21/2019 - 9/28/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
Exciting bike ride in Eastern Serbia, by the Danube, on the edge of Đerdap National park!
Golubac Fortress marks the entrance to Đerdap National Park guarding the Iron Gate in the river Danube. The name itself means “Dove City” and its exact beginnings are unknown, but probably from the Roman/Byzantine period.
Tour starts outside of the city of Golubac, riding on a bike track right next to the Danube, through the city and straight to Golubac Fortress. After touring the Fortress we would be hiking (or biking depending on preference) to a nearby hill, which holds an abandoned quarry and offers a perfect sighting to Fortress and the Danube.
From there we are en route to a Serbian XIV century monastery Tumane. Legend says Serbian hero Miloš Obilić built the monastery on the grounds where he mistakenly shot a monk during hunting. Monastery and nearby Saint Zuma chapel are placed in a serene natural environment which you’ll very much enjoy on the bike. After these visits and before making it finished we have lunch (included in the price) at a restaurant nearby, so make sure to try out our local specialties!
The whole tour is around 40km, with some uphill and full of beautiful nature!
• Golubac Fortress, Djerdap National Park, Golubac Serbia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum number of riders required – 2
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.