- 6 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience staggering karst landscapes and vertiginous views on this 8-hour guided day trip to the Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie, home to the world's longest and highest glass bridge. Admire bamboo forest and startling rock formations, and learn about the history and heritage of the area.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Travel insurance
- Private driver and guide service
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - The Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie
- Entry/Admission - Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
- Food and drinks
Hotels in Zhangjiajie city or Wulingyuan scenic area
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie, Sanguansi, Zhangjiajie 427000 China
Expect pickup from your hotel in Zhangjiajie city or Wulingyuan town at 9am for the drive to the Grand Canyon of Zhangjiaie: it's about an hour from downtown Zhangjiajie or 40 minutes from Wulingyuan.
As you approach the entrance, take the time to admire the expanse of bamboo forest that stretches into the distance. A sheer gorge, with jagged cliffs and a path slicing through the narrow canyon, leads to the bottom of the valley.
The Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie scenic area covers around 37 square miles (60 square kilometers), and is rich with the dramatic karst landscapes of pillars, cliffs, gorges, and rock formations that have mesmerized visitors since time immemorial. Your guide will escort you to the main attractions, some by foot, and some by vehicle.
Marvel at vistas like One Line Sky, the Millennial Rattan, Chuangwang Pavilion, Rotten Ship Rock, the Bandit Hole, and more. Capture terrifying selfies perched high above the landscape as you learn about the history of the area, including the bloody battles fought between the 17th-century general Wu Sangui and the rebel leader Li Zicheng in the dying days of the Ming dynasty.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge, Zhangjiajie China
The highlight of any visit to the Grand Canyon of Zhangjiajie is the famous Glass Bridge, which opened in 2016. Stretching 1,410 feet (430 meters) across the canyon at 984 feet (300 meters) above the ground, it's the longest and highest glass bridge in the world. If you'd like to walk on the bridge, please advise at time of booking: an additional fee is payable, and tickets must be booked in advance.
Your tour will finish around 4pm, when you drive back to your hotel, arriving around 5pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry, country and birthday is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.