- 1 day (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Our tour takes place in Kunming, capital of Yunnan province and a historical and cultural city. Local people also call it “Spring City” because its climate is like spring all year round. Because of this, flowers bloom all year round, so Kunming is also called “Flower City”. We will show you China’s biggest fresh flower market: Dounan Flower Market, were you can learn how to arrange flowers. Afterwards we will visit the Western Hill, where you can visit temples carved on the side of a natural cliff and admire a big panoramic view of Kunming. Next to the dragon gate you will also find the largest Taoist grotto of Yunnan.
• Western Hill and Dragon Grotto
• Dounan Flower Market
• Flower arranging workshop
- 2 bottles of local drinking water per person per day
- Private transportation with skilled driver
- Experienced private English-speaking tour guides
- Supplement for the tour guide (meals)
- 24/7 English-speaking customer services
- Government taxes
- Lunch and Dinner
- Chinese visa
- Personal expenses
- Domestic and international flights
- Tourist bus / minibus transportation between airport / train station
- Personal Travel Accident Insurance.
- Tips for drivers and guides, highly appreciated but not requested
- Things not mentioned in this itinerary
Visitor's hotel withing the second ring road of Kunming
Gathering Time: from 8:30 am to 9:00 am
Start Time: 9:00 am
Tour ends at visitors's hotel
In the morning, your driver and tour guide will pick you up at your hotel (within the second ring road of Kunming) and we will drive to the Western Hills. Up the western hills, cultural temples are mixed with natural cliffs, Taoist grottoes, flowers and forests. Especially when you go through the stone corridor carved into the face of the cliff, you can really imagine how dangerous and difficult work it must have been to build all this. You can visit a big Taoist Grotto close to the famous Dragon Gate and on the mountain top, you can enjoy a big panoramic view of Kunming.
In the afternoon we will visit the Dounan Flower Market, which is the biggest fresh flower trade market in China. There are more than 500 flower shops with 66 categories of flowers which trade 5 to 6 million flowers of over 300 varieties a day. From there, more than 280 tons of fresh flowers are exported to the whole world, by road, train or plane. Flowers here are also considerably cheaper than elsewhere in China. In the market you can learn how to arrange seasonal flowers and who knows, you may even find your hidden talent. At the end of the day, we will drive back to Kunming.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.