- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Gliders fly in nature, like an eagle in its own environment. Only one passenger per glider. From the front seat you have an incredible view and see everything. It's very quiet.
With the duplicate controls you can practice flying the glider under the supervision of your instructor.
Located in the middle of the South Island the scenery around Omarama is incredible and famous. It includes Lake Tekapo, Mount Cook and the Southern Alps.
Omarama is Gliding Mecca. Some of the world's greatest glider flights have been made from here. World Records include the longest flight (2,500 km), the highest flight (38,000 feet) and the fastest flight (255 kph over 500 km).
Glide Omarama operates a fleet of 11 gliders from a purpose-built airfield and is NZ's only professional gliding school. Internationally renowned, Glide Omarama trains pilots from all over the world. They are real experts and enthusiasts at what they do!
Nowhere else in the world can you experience gliding more exciting than this!
- Certificate of Achievement
- A thorough pre-takeoff briefing
- One high performance glider for each passenger - a German built Duo Discus or Grob 103
- A qualified gliding instructor
- An aero-tow launch
- Passengers over 110 kgs
- Passengers under 12 years old
Omarama Glider Airport, Omarama 9412, New Zealand
6/5/2019 - 6/6/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||09:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
Returns to original departure point
Seated comfortably in the front seat of a high performance Glider you will rise above the horizon to soar like an eagle! The flight can be smooth and gentle, more adventurous or even aerobatic, it’s up to you and your on-board instructor.
Released from the tow plane, your instructor will search out rising air to soar high and experience the beauty of the mountains and the great lakes of the Mackenzie Country. You are likely to have wonderful views of Mount Cook and the Southern Alps.
Your instructor will encourage you to take the controls to fly yourself. If you are having fun it may be possible to extend the duration of the flight.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Special arrangements in the gliders can be made for wheelchair travelers.
- No travelers over 110 kg
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.