- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Tour Asakusa area on a peddle-powered rickshaw driven by a guide for 45 minutes ((included from the beginning to meet the guest until the end ricksaw tour at the restaurant) before arriving at the Geisha Experience dinner that includes an authentic geisha performance and entertainment with multi-course kaiseki dinner and an English host/interpreter at a ryoutei (traditional Japanese restaurant) for a small group.
- Informative 45-minute rickshaw ride (included from the beginning to meet the guest until the end ricksaw tour at the restaurant) and tour through the Asakusa district in Tokyo
- Explore the traditional and cultural neighborhoods of Asakusa, including the Geisha District
- Live entertainment (authentic geisha performance and entertainment)
- Kaiseki dinner (multi-course traditional Japanese meal, including one drink per person) for 2 to 2.5 hours
- English-speaking host/interpreter
- Photo opportunities
- Transportation to the restaurant from Asakusa (on the rickshaw)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Transportation to/from attractions (except for rickshaw ride to the restaurant)
Kaminarimon Police Station in Asakusa, Tokyo
• Event ends at the restaurant.
• Please note that the dinner event will end around 8 PM and transportation to return to the station is not included. The walk to the closest station, Honjo Azumabashi Station, from the venue is about 10 minutes. You may also take a taxi to the station (in which the tour guide may help you to call before you leave). For full details, visit: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRea1A0PMnJRXdxckh5bE5XWW8
If you're interested in learning about geisha culture in Tokyo, join us on our Geisha Asakusa Rickshaw Tour around the Asakusa and Sumida area of Tokyo. Ride a rickshaw around Asakusa where you'll see the Sensoji Temple and other historical landmarks, as well as the Kenban (geisha association) and Hanamachi (geisha district).
Sit back and relax as your knowledgeable driver/guide peddles you past some of the city’s iconic sites, lovely gardens, towering skyscrapers and historic shops, passing cherry and maple trees as you go. It’s a great way to take a relaxed, informative, ride through this atmospheric area of Tokyo.
After the 45 minute rickshaw ride(included from the beginning to meet the guest until the end ricksaw tour at the restaurant) around the geisha district and neighboring areas of Asakusa, you will arrive at a traditional Japanese restaurant (ryotei) where you'll join a small group and experience geisha entertainment with dance, music, and real conversations with geisha (English interpreter will be present to translate) and kaiseki (traditional multi-course) dinner. The dinner event will feature a certified geisha (also known as geiko in Tokyo) from the geisha district of Asakusa, Mukoujima or Omori Kaigan.
The geisha (also known as geiko in Tokyo) are from the neighboring geisha district. In this delightful two hour dinner experience, the geisha will introduce you to the geisha culture of Tokyo, in which you will learn about the history of geisha and the geisha's personal experiences, watch geisha dance and other performances, as well as play traditional Japanese games with the geisha. Before you end the night, take photos with geisha to commemorate this special experience you had with them.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Floor seating is default unless otherwise specified (chair seating available upon request)
- Children must be age 10 or older and accompanied by an adult
- Pending Approval: The dinner may need a minimum of 6 to 8 people to book. When you make a booking, you will be placed on a waiting list until more people have confirmed their booking for the same date, or you will be asked to reschedule to a different day to attend this tour. Confirmations regarding your booking will be sent at least 5 days before your activity date.
- Small Group of Four or Less People: For events with four or less people interested, the company may still proceed with the event and in which only one geisha will attend (generally, there will be two geisha for a group of about 8 people for an event).
- Availability: Depending on availability (especially during peak season), there may be only one geisha attending the event. In addition, the venue may change depending on availability and group size.
- Attire: Smart Casual. Please also wear socks as there will be tatami mats.
- Non-Smoking: All seats are non-smoking; there are designated areas outside for those who would like to smoke.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.