- 2 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Situated between the popular destinations of Tokyo and Kyoto, the mountainous of region of Nagano is the literal heart of Japan and a road less travelled by many international visitors. This tour combines some of the region’s most iconic destinations - including the world-famous Snow Monkeys of Jigokudani, the 1400-year old Zenko-ji Temple, Matsumoto Castle, and the historic old town of Takayama - with the unforgettable experience of being driven through Japan’s Northern Alps, a place of high mountain peaks and rarefied beauty. With English-speaking guide, lunch, and full-service accommodation on Day 1 followed by hotel pick-up and transport to Matsumoto and Takayama, including hotel drop-off, on Day 2, this tour captures the history and beauty of central Japan with the convenience and comfort of one easy package.
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Transportation from Nagano to all listed destinations, ending at Takayama
- Snow Monkey Park entrance fee
- Sake tasting
- Accommodation at Hotel Kokusai 21 on Day 1 (inc. breakfast on Day 2)
- Matsumoto Castle entrance fee
- English-speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Zenko-ji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park
- Entry/Admission - Matsumoto Castle
- Entry/Admission - Ishii Miso
- Entry/Admission - Takayama Jinya
- Dinner on Day 1 & Day 2
- Accommodation in Takayama
- Shinkansen/bullet train tickets
Nagano Station, Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９
Takayama Station, Japan, 〒506-0053 岐阜県高山市昭和町１丁目２２−２
Day 1: Zenkoji Temple - Snow Monkey Park
Stop At: Zenko-ji Temple, I-491 Motoyoshicho, Nagano 380-0851 Nagano Prefecture
Explore Zenko-ji - a National Treasure and one of the oldest and most important Buddhist temples in Japan
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, 6845 Heion, Yamanouchi-machi, Shimotakai-gun 381-0401 Nagano Prefecture
Visit the world-famous snow monkeys of Jigokudani and learn all about what makes them so unique
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Hotel in Nagano City including Western-style bedding and private bathroom.
Day 2: Matsumoto Castle - Takayama
Stop At: Matsumoto Castle, 4-1 Marunouchi, Matsumoto 390-0873 Nagano Prefecture
Visit iconic Matsumoto Castle – a National Treasure and one the last remaining original castles in Japan
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ishii Miso, 1-8-1 Uzuhashi, Matsumoto 390-0813 Nagano Prefecture
One of Nagano's oldest and most acclaimed miso producers - followed by a quick tour of he brewery itself
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Takayama Jinya, 1-5 Hachikemmachi, Takayama 506-0012 Gifu Prefecture
Make your way to Takayama through the beautiful Northern Alps. Your driver will stop along the way for a break and to allow you to soak in the alpine atmosphere.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear suitable shoes for the walking trail into the Snow Monkey Park.
- During the winter it is common to see the Snow Monkeys enjoying the hot spring bath, however from spring up to autumn there will be times where the monkeys play or eat in the water, however please note that the monkeys are wild animals and there is no guarantee that there will be monkeys in the bath.
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park. In such case we will provide an alternative activity.
- It is possible to extend your stay at Hotel Kokusai 21. Please send us your preferred length of stay if this is what you’re looking for.
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.