- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This is a 2,5 to 3 -hour whale watching tour 25 minutes north of Akureyri in Hauganes. A comfortable tour with the oldest whale watching tour operator in Iceland where you will be observing the fantastic scenery, bird life, and the diverse range of whale species in Eyjafjordur. In 2017 we saw humpback whales in 99% of our tours. Tours include coffee and pastries as well as warm safety clothing and sea angling equipment for angling tours.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All necessary equipment included
- Free snacks included
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Souvenir (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
Enjoy a whale watching tour from the small fishing village of the west side of Eyjafjordur. Depart at your chosen time from the meeting point in this picturesque town and you will be taken into the midst of the whale populations and rich sea life characteristics of the area. Whether the whales have ventured deep into the fjord or are staying closer to Hrisey, they are always just a short trip away from Hauganes. Most common species include humpback whales, minke whales, harbour porpoises, white beaked dolphins and with a little luck blue whales and orcas (killer whales). Enjoy a little sea angling on the return trip and have your catch filleted to take with you (if option selected).
Your captain, a professional fisherman during the winter, will keep you in good hands during the summer whale watching season.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.