- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This breathtaking monastery was established by Saint Benedict himself 1500 years ago. Built over the site of the pagan temple of Apollo, where the sculpture of Apollo was destroyed along with the altar. It is really a delight to visit the Abbey of Montecassino to admire its beautiful architectural splendor and remember its history. Due to its significant location, this place has always been a target of military attacks throughout history, the most gruesome of all certainly being the Battle of Monte Cassino fought during the Second World War.
- English speaking driver
- Parking Fees
- Highway tolls
- Passenger Insurance
- Admission to any sites (Abbey Monte Cassino E5pp)
Pick up is Rome Area or Sorrento Area. Full address is needed. If possible, a telephone number. Please be clear of pick up and drop off address. As well as pick up time. If airport or train drop off, please provide the time of departure so we can make sure that the correct pick up time is set up.
- Monte Cassino, 03043 Cassino, Province of Frosinone, Italy - Located in the mountains of Lazio, this beautiful abbey was the first monastery of the Benedectine Order. It was established in 529 by Saint Benedict of Nursia, the patron saint of Europe, who is considered the founder of monasticism in the West. It was the first hospital in Europe., The monastery library accrued one of the richest libraries in Europe, becoming a cultural and educational center by the 10-11th centuries. The monastery was destroyed several times, most recently by Allied bombing in 1944. After the war, the monastery was rebuilt and is now comprised of several monolithic structures including cloisters, a Basilica, and museum. Inside, the frescoes, altars, sculptures, and church organ are outstanding. The Crypt is astounding with the beautiful staircases and ending with incomparable mosaics. Here, 5 saints, including St. Benedict and his sister St. Scholastica, as well as a Pop are interred.
- 80067 Sorrento, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
- Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
The escort driver will pick up clients at the address provided. Proceed to Sorrento with a 75 minutes stop at Abby of Monte Cassino where the guest explore. Or the reverse, where pick up is Sorrento and drop off is Rome with a 75 minutes stop Abby of Monte Cassino.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- We can accommodate folding wheelchairs
- Wheelchair/strollers accessible / restrictions in certain areas- if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.