- 20 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
As one of the most unusual places in the world and Jordan's most sought-after destination, this UNESCO World Heritage site is waiting to be discovered by you. City is half-built, half-carved into the rock, and is surrounded by mountains riddled with passages and gorges. It is one of the world's most famous archaeological sites, where ancient Eastern traditions blend with Hellenistic architecture.
Petra was the capital city of the Nabataeans from roughly 300 BC to 100 AD. The Romans took over in 100 AD, then several earthquakes destroyed much of the city and Petra was abandoned. For centuries, Petra was left untouched, until it was discovered by a Swiss explorer in 1812. Petra became one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World” in 2008.
It was once described as "forgotten by the world for over 1,000 years". It houses towering buildings carved into the pink stone. You can marvel at the Treasure Palace, the Roman Theater and the Temple and the Treasures of the Citadel.
- Entry/Admission - Siq
- Entry/Admission - Al-Khazneh
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up is provided from Sharm El Sheikh and Taba hotels. Travelers are brought to Taba port. The ferry goes to Jordan, Aqaba and then road transport to Petra.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Siq, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
The Siq is a gorge that was formed when tectonic forces broke the mountain into two pieces. It is a delight to walk through, a snaking path with rock walls towering high above your head
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Al-Khazneh, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
This is it, the view that draws so many visitors to Petra. Completely carved out of the sandstone mountains, the Treasury was built as a tomb for the Nabataean King Aretas III.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.