- 7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Edam is a red-brick village of the Waterland region, on the IJsselmeer’s west-shore. What makes this tour unique is that we only visit Edam when the traditional cheese market takes place; on Wednesday in July and August only. Already since the 16th century this cheese market largely determines the economy of Edam!
Upon arrival, set off on a one-hour local-guided walking tour that ends at the cheese market, followed by some free time to discover Edam. With our included lunch pack you even have more time! Go on your explorations with a one-hour canal cruise exclusive for your group with your own skipper. Finally, before going back to Amsterdam, visit the museum mill in the Schermerpolder. A unique piece of water management from the Golden Age. Meet the miller & learn!
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guides & use of Whisper System -listen easy to the guides, works also with hearing aids
- 1-hr local-guided walking tour (exclusive for your group), ending at the cheese market
- 1-hr boat with skipper exclusive for your group to see beautiful Edam from the water.
- Included visit of museum mill Schermerhorn (incl. the miller's talk)
- Lunch - Lunch pack incl. 1 bottle of water / 1 bottle of organic apple juice / 1 pc of seasonal fruit / 1 DeLuxe Sandwich (vegetarian, vegan, fish or meat).
- Pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Cheese Market Edam
- Entry/Admission - Museummolen Schermerhorn
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any address/port in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Lelystad, Almere, Leiden, Haarlem, Schiphol, Zaandam, Hilversum, Bussum, Muiden, Purmerend, Amsterdam and surroundings.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
any river cruise port or ocean terminal in Amsterdam, Zaandam, Haarlem
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cheese Market Edam, Jan van Nieuwenhuizenplein., Edam The Netherlands
Only on Wednesday in July and August, Edam celebrates its cheese history. Upon arrival, set off on a one-hour local-guided walking tour that ends at the cheese market, where you’ll enjoy some free time (with the provided lunch pack you have more time to explore Edam!). Already since the 16th century this market largely determines the economy of Edam. Continue your explorations with a one-hour canal cruise exclusive for our group with our own skipper. Seeing Edam from the water means a guarantee for great photos.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Museummolen Schermerhorn, Noordervaart 2, 1636 VL Schermerhorn The Netherlands
We make a stop at the museum mill of Schermer; a unique piece of water management from the Golden Age. The Schermerpolder, where the mill is located, was a lake of over 13 ft (4m) deep until 1633. Between 1633 and 1635 this lake was drained by 52 octagonal polder mills. The mill that you visit is one of the remaining 11 polder mills in the Schermer, and is located between 2 other mills. And the mill still works! Meet the miller & learn about his trade, before heading back to Amsterdam.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.