- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
• Travel 1 way by river instead of a road transfer
• Learn about the American-Vietnam war at a well ran tourist attraction
• Enter the tunnels that guerillas used to fight in
• Visit an organic farm en route and learn about ‘farm-to-table' concept
- Lunch - Bottles of water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Other expenses
Starting time at 7.00 - 7.30 am; Finishing time around 2pm - 2.30 pm. Pick-up can be at hotels in district 1, 3, 5 in Saigon
- Êmm Hotel Saigon, 157 Pasteur, Phường 6, Quận 3, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam - Drop off can be at hotels in district 1, 3, 5 in Saigon
Escape the congestion of Ho Chi Minh City and head out into the countryside, a far cry from the frenetic urban sprawl of downtown Saigon. As you journey down the Saigon River by speedboat, watch the city fade into the background. As you journey down the Saigon River by speedboat, watch the city fade into the background, replaced by scenes of rural Vietnamese life and enjoy a selection of traditional Vietnamese fruits.
You will eventually find yourself at the Cu Chi tunnels, the infamous underground city for Viet Cong soldiers during the Vietnam War. Central to the Viet Cong’s strategic war operations, including the famous 1968 Tet Offensive, it is still complete with a hospital, kitchen, and schools. Remember to look out for “mantraps” - large camouflaged holes dug deep into the ground, that ensnared enemy soldiers with bamboo spikes. The Cu Chi experience can be emotionally draining for some visitors, but it does offer a fascinating look into the hardship and trauma of the war.
Embark on a scenic journey through the countryside and stop at an organic farm to learn what the concept ‘farm-to-table’ really means. Learn about organic farming, get to know the many different kinds of local herbs, spices and vegetables and gain insight into the process of growing mushrooms. After the visit, sit down and enjoy a delicious and healthy lunch, made mostly with fresh ingredients produced on the farm before making your way back to your hotel, arriving mid- afternoon.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.