- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This tour departs at 8:00 from Oudtshoorn and travels via De Rust (South Africa’s town of the year 2011) where we stop for tea and tart. Continue along the circle route to Meiringspoort Gorge where we visit the Great Waterfall. After swimming and relaxing at the waterfall we travel along Meiringspoort, a spectacular drive following the course of a river through soaring cliff walls and magnificent rock formations. We travel to Prince Albert where we stop for lunch. The peace and tranquility of this little town at the foot of the Swartberg will calm you. From here we continue over the Historic Swartberg Pass with high peaks reaching over 2000 meters. Enjoy the transition in vegetation and breath-taking views while we give you the opportunity to hike between the fynbos. Enjoy sun-downers and traditional breads served with homemade marmalade while watching how a Traditional South African braai is done. Enjoy a 3 course dinner and dance the night away under the African Skies!
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Kobus se Gat - Swartberg Experience, R328, Prins Albert Road Matjiesrivier, Oudtshoorn, 7600, South Africa
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Swartberg Pass, 192 Buitekant Street, Oudtshoorn 6625 South Africa
Fully guided tour of one of the most spectacular passes in Africa.
UNESCO World Herritage Site
Here you can see the hand constructed pass that was build by convicts and barely left unchanged since 1888.
We give you the chance to do a 30 minute hike along the road or in the reserve
Optional mountain biking can be included at an additional cost.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kobus se Gat - Swartberg Experience, R328, Prins Albert Road Matjiesrivier, Oudtshoorn, 7600, South Africa
a True South African experience
Specializing in traditional Karoo Cuisine mainly prepared on the open fire. Here you will not only taste the best lamb in the world, but also our very famous Roosterkoek - a traditional bread that is baked on the coals.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.