- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Reach the historic place where Chilean Carabineros and Argentinean Gendarmes exchanged fire in 1965 and almost started a war between the two countries. This lake and its protection are the main reasons the town of El Chalten was created in 1985.
- Entry/Admission - Lago del Desierto
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at your hotel in El Chalten
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lago del Desierto, Argentina
• Reach a main landmark of historic litigation between Argentina and Chile
• Visit the place where Argentinean Gendarmes shot dead a Chilean Carabinero
• Walk around almost unspoiled woods and look out for huemules
• Enjoy amazing views of Lago del Desierto, Mt. Fitz Roy, and Cerro Huemules
• Optional Drop off stops at Hostería El Pilar, Río Eléctrico, and Estancia Huemules
• Optional boat sailing of Lago del Desierto, hiking to the top of Cerro Huemules (45 min.), and visit Punta Norte of the lake
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.