- 12 to 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
When you wish to be in the era of Mughals and want to feel that amazing era when the Mughals used to stay here. Their history, their culture, their unique art of Inlay work etc are also the things to be noticed. Your private local professional Tour Guide will tell you all about the city and these attractions. You explore Agra's two top attractions on this private day tour Taj Mahal (One of Seven wonder of the world) and Agra Fort, both are UNESCO world heritage sites. You will also visit another heritage site Itimad-ud-Daulah also known as Baby Taj. A Tuk - Tuk ride and a buffet Indian traditional Lunch are also a part of this Day Trip.
- Private tour
- Local taxes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Professional English Speaking Local Tour guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Bottled water
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- Any expense of personal nature such as hard/soft drinks, phone/fax calls etc.
- Any other expense not mentioned in the Package inclusions.
The tour can depart from Delhi International Airport, your hotel or any preferred location in Delhi.
You are requested that after booking, please contact the local tour operator to provide exact pickup time and location in Delhi (contact info will be on your confirmation voucher)
Between 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM (Depends on weather condition and pickup location)
This private Day Trip begins in the morning, pick-up from your hotel/airport or any preferred location in Delhi and then drive towards to Agra in your private AC Vehicle via India's famous fastest route known as Yamuna Expressway (it will take approx 3/4 hours / 210 km).
On your arrival in Agra, your first stop would be at Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, is a Mughal mausoleum in the city of Agra. You will get in to Itimad-ud-Daulah with your Local Tour Guide who will explain you all about the Itimad-ud-Daulah. Often described as a "Jewel box" & sometime called the "Baby Taj", the tomb of I'timad-ud-Daulah is often regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal. This tomb was commissioned by Jahangir’s wife Nur Jahan, for her father Mirza Ghiyas Beg, who had been given the title Itimad-ud-Daulah (pillar of the state). This tomb was built between 1622-1628. The mausoleum is set in a large cruciform garden, criss-crossed by water courses and walkways.
Now, will continue our journey and drive ahead to Agra Fort. Agra Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage site located in Agra. The fort is also known as Lal Qila, Fort Rouge and Red Fort of Agra. The fort can be more accurately described as a walled city. Captured by the Mughals in 1526, a vast treasure including the Koh-i-Noor diamond was seized. It took 4000 workers and eight years to build the fort and it was completed in 1573.
After visiting Agra Fort, your next stop would be at AC restaurant where you will enjoy your Indian traditional Lunch.
After finishing the Lunch your tour will move ahead and you will be taken to the Taj Mahal with your private local tour guide. It is one of India's biggest tourist attractions, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here, you will witness the beauty of Taj, a very difficult marbal inlay work with precious and semi- precious stones. Taj Mahal, the pinnacle of Mughal architecture, was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan for his second wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died in 1631 while giving birth to their fourteenth child. All the effort, time and excellence involved in building this beautiful monument resulted out of the feeling of love that the Emperor had for his wife. When you stand in front on the Taj Mahal with this in mind, you begin to experience an emotion close to the Emperor’s love itself.
Later you can enjoy some shopping in Agra, one of the most important centers for handicrafts, made of marble inlay work. The Mughals were great patrons of art and craft. Empress Noorjahan took personal interest and was an accomplished artist herself in zari embroidery work. Agra's major handicraft products besides inlay work are leatherware, brassware, carpets, jewellery and embroidery work.
At the end of your tour, you will be driven back to Delhi with a beautiful memories of Agra. Drop-off at your Hotel/Airport or any preferred location in Delhi.
END OF TOUR
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No dress code is required for this Private Day Trip. You can be in dress according to the place; sleeveless tops and shorts are not recommended. It operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.